I scream, you scream, we all scream for icecream! At step 03, you can add flavouring ingredients such as chopped mango, mashed banana or ground roasted coffee beans.
Makes: 2 litres
Prep time: 10 minutes + several hours freezing
Special equipment: electric beaters, 2 litres capacity metal loaf tin
Nutrition: good source of calcium; high in saturated fat
Skills: whisking, freezing
3 cups (750ml) canned evaporated milk
400ml can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- Place evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl and whisk with electric beaters until light and fluffy.
- Pour into chilled metal loaf tin, cover with foil and place in freezer for several hours.
- When partially frozen, remove from freezer, transfer to a chilled bowl and beat with electric beaters until mixture increases in volume.
- Return to loaf tin and refreeze.
- To serve, scoop into individual bowls or serve alongside other desserts.
This recipe is taken from Oxford’s The Food Book.